Diwali is a vital competition that’s celebrated throughout the nation. It’s all about getting collectively, having enjoyable, consuming good meals and spreading merriment. This yr, due to the pandemic, the competition could should be celebrated a little bit cautiously, particularly by those that are immuno-compromised.
Sweets and savouries are essential elements of Diwali meals. No Diwali day can ever be full till you’ve got consumed, even devoured, them! For diabetics, nevertheless, staying away from sweets will be troublesome, particularly when everybody else is having them. “It is imperative for diabetics to be careful about their diet during the festive season, to avoid disastrous post-Diwali impact. The extent to which diabetics can indulge in sweets during Diwali, depends on the individual’s condition,” says Dr Farah Ingale, Director-Inner Medication, Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi — a Fortis Community Hospital.
She suggests some weight loss program suggestions that may assist them preserve their blood sugar degree this Diwali.
* Restrict the portion measurement of sweets, savoury, fried and fatty meals: Eat your meals in smaller plates. You possibly can exchange sugars with pure sweeteners like stevia or splenda, that are secure substitutes.
* Keep away from extreme consumption of alcohol.
* Don’t let family chores stress you out: That is very true for girls, who bear the majority of the workload. Calm down and luxuriate in. Yoga could assist.
* Keep away from consuming meals at irregular timings: Fasting for longer period can result in hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and weak spot which will be disastrous for diabetics.
* Feasting is avoidable too: It might result in excessive sugar ranges that are additionally not good.
* Don’t overlook to deal with bodily well being by performing some workouts like strolling, swimming, biking and many others., which are sometimes uncared for throughout festivities.