India lacks intercourse training, which is why there’s little reproductive well being consciousness and plenty of misconceptions. In accordance with Dr Neha Bothara, advisor gynecologist and obstetrician, Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, unfounded considerations or false perceptions deter women and men from utilizing a specific contraceptive methodology, if in any respect. This will result in undesirable pregnancies and bodily and psychological hurt to the lady.
Why use contraceptive tablets?
Their greatest benefit is that they’re efficient and have a low failure price when used appropriately. “Other benefits include regular menstrual cycles and lighter flow. The need to take one pill daily can seem tedious and lead to missed pills, which add to the failure rate. Women, therefore, need to take responsibility of their reproductive health while consuming contraceptive consciously and carefully,” the physician advises.
Dr Bothara shares the 5 commonest myths about tablets that one must not ever consider:
1. All contraceptive tablets trigger weight acquire: First technology contraceptive tablets brought on some short-term weight acquire associated to fluid retention within the physique. Newer formulations don’t trigger weight acquire, relatively assist with weight reduction in sufferers who’ve Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), moreover different advantages.
2. Contraceptive tablets trigger pimples and irregular hair development: Newer contraceptive capsule formulations, with totally different progesterone parts, scale back testosterone focus and scale back the incidence of pimples in sufferers with PCOS.
3. It’s all proper to overlook a capsule or two within the cycle: Lacking tablets through the cycle can result in an sudden being pregnant. Furthermore, it might probably additionally trigger recognizing or mid-cycle bleeding. One should all the time seek the advice of a gynecologist if a number of tablets have been missed, to find out about what all precautions have to be taken, and the way to ensure sudden pregnancies don’t occur.
4. Contraceptive tablets have an effect on fertility: There isn’t a proof that contraceptive tablets have an effect on fertility in any means. They solely forestall ovulation and pregnancies.
5. Contraception tablets will be taken with out prior analysis or danger evaluation: Contraception tablets are usually secure, however some individuals who have sure danger elements like having a genetic tendency for blood clot formation, or those that are overweight or who smoke, is probably not appropriate candidates for contraceptive capsule use. Therefore, one should all the time seek the advice of a health care provider and get a danger analysis earlier than beginning Oral Contraceptive Drugs (OCP).