He explains that flowers are the reproductive elements of the plant and relying on their kind, they can be utilized complete, “as in with the Kumbhi flower (Careya Arborea Roxb.)”, “just the petals like the rose (Rosa centifolia Linn.)”, or the “stigma and the upper portion of the style as is the case with the saffron flower (Crocus Sativus Linn.)” for medicinal functions.
“They could also be consumed as petals or as a juice decoction and can be applied as tincture or be administered after mixing with other ingredients, too,” Dr Chauhan suggests.
He explains how some main blossoms are used for medicinal functions.
1.Hibiscus/Shoeblackplant — Petals and leaves of this flower might be present in pink, pink, white, yellow and orange colors. Hibiscus is broadly utilized in Ayurvedic teas which assist decrease blood strain. It additionally helps with diarrhea, piles, haemorrhage in addition to hair fall, hypertension, cough. It may also be helpful as a contraceptive.
2. Rose — Roses are normally pink or pink in color, with lengthy, slender pedicals. The flowers include tannins, nutritional vitamins A, B and C. Additionally they give out important oils and include fatty oil and natural acids. Juice of the flower is used to scale back physique warmth and complications. Dried flowers are given to pregnant girls as a diuretic and petals are used for abdomen cleaning.
Roses may also be used for making sweetmeats like ‘murraba’ out of its petals which helps ease digestive points. Rose in any form or type can show to be helpful and might remedy lung-related ailments like cough, bronchial asthma, bronchitis, digestive points like dyspepsia and flatulence. Irritation within the eyes might be assuaged with rose water. Pores and skin issues like pimples breakouts might be managed with rose paste and rose tea might be drunk to alleviate constipation.
3. Plumeria — These are aromatic yellowish to orange flowers which can be utilized in Ayurvedic medicines for varied illnesses like pores and skin ailments, wounds and ulcers. Decoction of the flower is used for treating nausea, fevers, vertigo, cough and bronchitis.
4. Golden Bathe Tree — These are yellow flowers that cling from their tree in lengthy drooping chains. It’s helpful within the remedy of pores and skin ailments, cardiac ailments, jaundice, constipation, indigestion, and even ear ache.
5. Lotus — Lotuses are white or pink, massive solitary flowers. It’s of super non secular and cultural that means. It has been confirmed to be efficient in decreasing temperature, thirst, pores and skin ailments, burning sensation, boils, diarrhoea and bronchitis.
6. Chrysanthemum — Chrysanthemums are decorative yellow flowers. The juice or infusion of this flower can remedy vertigo, hypertension, and furunculosis. A serving of piping scorching tea constituted of its petals may help scale back ache and fever. When you don’t just like the style, dip a cotton pad in it after it’s cool to assuage drained and puffy eyes. It may also be used to remedy digestive issues and works as a laxative.
7. Jasmine — Aromatic white flowers, jasmine tea has lengthy been utilized by cultures to ease off anxiousness and insomnia and different illnesses of the nervous system. It additionally proves helpful for assuaging digestive issues, menstrual ache, and irritation.
“As therapeutic as ever, these flowers will help you retain your physical and mental health. If you are on medication, it is advised to consult a doctor and seek professional advice before you try anything new,” Dr Chauhan concludes.