With the second wave of coronavirus an infection having hit the nation, there’s a sure sense of renewed panic amongst folks, on what greatest they will do to remain secure, and hold folks round them secure, too.
Some of the staple items that folks can do is to remain at dwelling. Medical doctors advise that if staying put shouldn’t be an possibility, folks should put on masks at any time when they step out, as that is non-negotiable. However whereas one masks can shield folks, can two masks safe them?
‘Double-masking’ is a development that has been occurring for just a few months now. And Dr Kirti Sabnis, infectious illness specialist at Fortis Hospital, Kalyan, shares with indianexpress.com that double masking enhances safety from the virus, and “cuts down the prospects of transmitting and catching the virus”. “According to a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) study, if everyone double-masked, the COVID exposure can be reduced by 96.4 per cent,” she says.
However what’s double masking?
“When a person wears one mask on top of another, it is termed as ‘double masking’. The outer mask can apply gentle pressure to the edges of the inner mask and create a better seal. As the virus is spread through respiratory droplets, layers of a mask can help increase its filtration, and also provide protection if someone around you sneezes or coughs,” the physician explains.
How and when to put on the double masks?
Dr Sabnis advises that one can think about carrying a double masks when venturing out in crowded locations like airports, bus stands and whereas utilizing public/native transport to work, and so forth.
* One material masks on prime of a surgical masks or two material masks, or one material masks on a 3ply masks is a perfect mixture.
* A face defend, together with a masks can be utilized at extremely-crowded locations.
* If one is utilizing an N95 masks, keep away from double masking.
* Double masks for kids are avoidable.
Dos of masking:
1. Wash the fabric masks every day in scorching water.
2. Put on a masks correctly — masking the nostril, mouth and the chin.
3. Keep away from sharing masks between relations.
4. After eradicating any masks, sanitize your fingers totally.
5. Throw a disposable masks in a coated bin.
6. Change your masks and put on a brand new one at frequent intervals.
7. Comply with social distancing whereas carrying a masks.
Don’ts of masking
1. Don’t put your masks across the neck or chin.
2. Don’t put on moist masks.
3. Don’t contact the masks usually.
4. Don’t take away the masks whereas talking.
5. Don’t take away the masks if you need to sneeze.
6. Don’t put a masks on a toddler youthful than two years of age.