The monsoon season brings respite from the summer season warmth, however it additionally means the danger for infections, waterborne illnesses, pores and skin allergic reactions and different issues like meals poisoning, indigestion, colds, flu, viral fever and many others. Thus, it turns into extraordinarily vital to remain wholesome through the wet season by following a nutritious diet. One’s immune system additionally will get affected throughout monsoon and further care is required with conscious consuming, bodily train and hydration.
Few tricks to be saved in thoughts throughout monsoon to extend immunity and preserve good well being
* Eat seasonal and citrus fruits: Fruits assist to revive vitality and assist construct immunity as they’re a powerhouse of vitamins, equivalent to vitamin C, and fibre. Apple, guava, banana, pomegranate, plums, papaya, kiwi, amla, orange, mosambi or candy lime and berries are the very best additions to your weight loss program. Vitamin C additionally helps in iron absorption.
* Keep away from salt: It’s at all times higher to have a low salt weight loss program through the monsoons because it prevents excessive BP and water retention. Additionally, fruits equivalent to watermelon, musk melon, cucumber can result in water retention.
* Protein-rich weight loss program: Protein is the foremost macro-nutrient to extend immunity, wound therapeutic and muscle constructing. Dals, pulses, milk, curd, eggs, hen, paneer, soya, tofu are the wealthy sources of protein, suggests Affrin Noor, Chief Dietitian and Nutritionist, Fortis La Femme Hospital, Bangalore. It’s most popular to incorporate curd or yoghurt in your weight loss program as it’s probiotic and the great micro organism current in curd may help improve the immunity and struggle infections.
* Keep away from spicy meals: In some instances, spicy meals could cause pores and skin allergic reactions equivalent to rashes, itching and dullness. “Also, one should avoid street food, junk foods, deep-fried foods. Any pre-cut fruits on street stalls can contain bacteria and weaken the stomach. Avoid tamarind/sour foods to prevent water retention. Spicy foods can cause indigestion too”, stated Noor.
* Boil water: It is very important drink 8–10 glasses of water a day to remain hydrated as because of a colder local weather, the water consumption is significantly diminished. Boiled water prevents illnesses equivalent to jaundice, diarrhoea and cholera, which is a water-borne illness. Heat water with honey, ginger and black pepper generally is a miracle remedy to keep away from chilly, cough and flu.