India has kick-started its vaccination drive for these over 60 years of age, and throughout the age bracket of 45-59 years with specified co-morbidities. In case you are eligible and wish to get vaccinated quickly, Dr Kirti Sabnis, infectious illness specialist at Fortis Hospital, Kalyan & Mulund, shares some precautionary measures and dos and don’ts that you could observe. Learn on.
* Test the Aarogya Setu app or the COWIN web site to establish the closest vaccination middle and register.
* For these within the 45-59 years bracket, carry your doctor’s prescription to the vaccination middle.
* Discuss to your physician about any doable interactions or allergic reactions prematurely.
* In correspondence with the date and time of your vaccination, attain the vaccination middle.
* Observe the directions by the vaccination middle.
* Preserve a six-feet distance whereas standing/sitting as you await your flip.
* Keep away from crowding, and cooperate with the authorities; their directions will assist you may have a easy vaccination expertise.
* All the time put on your masks, and carry a small bottle of hand sanitiser with you.
* Minor allergic reactions should not contraindications for vaccination. When you have allergic reactions, please verify together with your physician previous to visiting the vaccination middle.
After your first shot, self-care turns into essential
* Vaccinated individuals ought to proceed to put on masks, keep away from assembly in massive teams and indoor gatherings.
* Travelling to locations the place there’s no approach to know if the individuals round you may have been vaccinated, will proceed to be dangerous.
* After vaccination, it’s possible you’ll expertise frequent side-effects comparable to ache, mild fever, tiredness, and so on., so drink loads of fluids, apply a clear, cool, moist washcloth over the injection website.
* Communicate together with your doctor instantly, for those who expertise discomfort after taking the vaccine; upon their advice, it’s possible you’ll take acceptable remedy to deal with the discomfort.
* Eat nutritious meals to enhance your immunity.
* Make sure you get good sleep; keep away from alcohol, smoking.
“Do not forget that getting vaccinated does mean the end of a pandemic. Continue following the social distancing norms and maintain all recommended precautions. Taking your vaccination is the best step towards fighting the pandemic,” says Dr Sabnis.