What are you anticipated to do when you’ve got a Covid-positive affected person within the household, and are sharing your private home area with them? Usually, full isolation might not be doable, and as such, it’s possible you’ll end up in the identical home as your dad or mum, partner, baby, or anybody else who has examined constructive for COVID-19, however doesn’t want hospitalisation.
As a substitute of feeling overwhelmed and panicky, arm your self with some information. Bear in mind, whereas it’s straightforward to really feel scared given no matter is occurring in the mean time, it’s essential that you just hold your calm, care for the affected person, whereas additionally protecting your personal well being.
Right here is a straightforward house advisory and dos and don’ts for caregivers, courtesy of Dr Behram Pardiwala — Inside Medication, Wockhardt Hospitals Mumbai Central. Learn on.
– This can be very essential for all members of the family to put on a masks on a regular basis in the home.
– Sufferers’ garments should be washed individually, however first soaked in disinfectant.
– Disinfect widespread washrooms on a regular basis, in case there is no such thing as a provision for separate washrooms.
– Eliminate sufferers’ disposable materials in a separate yellow bag given for biohazard materials.
– Don’t enter the Covid-positive affected person’s room, as it’s confirmed to be extra of an airborne illness than a contact-based illness.
Along with these, additionally it is anticipated that you just sanitise your hand, and wash it with cleaning soap and water earlier than getting ready meals, earlier than consuming. and many others. Ensure that the affected person’s utensils are separate, and they’re cleaned completely. Don’t step out of the home and work together with different individuals. Hold calm, and keep in mind this may cross.